Thursday 2 April 2015

Critical reflection outline

What happened:

English language journey
The very first post on our blog on our English language journey was the first time we received feedback for our work through comments from our peers, the ones given by our peers were very brief and generic. Brad also gave feedback through comments on the blog, his comments were more detailed and he pinpointed the exact problems

Reader response
The first serious piece of work published on our blog was our reader response. Brad gave us a template as to how we should structure our comments for our peers when we comment on their blogposts. He also had us send him our responses where he gave us very detailed feedback on how we could improve and he also pointed out every little error that we made,so that we would be aware of them.
  
Essay
The last piece of work that we posted was our problem solution essay. We were also given a template to follow, in that template, there were certain things that we had to look out for to help our peers improve. 

How did it feel when you receive the feedback or when you give the feedback?

The first time I gave feedback, I felt like I didn't know what I was doing because I couldn't spot the errors, however, subsequently, with more practice and the templates, it got easier and more natural.

Once you've gone through it a few times, how did you feel about it?

I find it quite useful because I get feedback from different people and they have different opinions , so I can see things from different perspectives.

What will you do after this experience??

I would proof read my essays and if possible get my friends to read my essay so that we can help each other to pick out mistakes.

1 comment: