Wednesday 8 April 2015

Presentation Reflection

On Monday, during class, I gave a presentation on the topic of cyber bullying. After the presentation, Brad went through my presentation with the class, listening to the comments that my fellow course mates gave, I felt like I had a lot more room for improvement.

Looking back, I felt like having slides would have helped my presentation, because half way into my presentation, a few of my points slipped my mind, and the lack of a script led to me having to cut my presentation short because I panicked and moved past the point. Brad also pointed out that I was shifting around while I was giving my presentation, this was interesting, because during the presentation, I did not know that I was moving around so much. I would now be more conscious of my actions when I'm giving a presentation. Another point that really struck me was that almost 75% of the class could not remember what I talked about. Although I was surprised, because it was barely five minutes after the presentation but they have already forgotten my presentation, I understood that slides would have helped them remember what I said better, because they would be able to visualize the ideas that I was presenting.

Overall, I felt that if I had practiced a few more time before the actual presentation, I could have done a better job, and having slides with visuals would definitely have helped me during my presentation. I have learnt a lot about my presentation style after the comments I've received and I would definitely work towards giving better presentations in future.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charmaine,

    I have read your entire reflection on the presentation, and truth be told, it was pretty clear and concise apart from multiple run-on sentences in the first and second paragraphs. Also, conjunction 'although' doesn't accompany preposition 'because' all that well, so you might want to check that out.

    But in general, I get a clear sense of what you were trying to express despite the grammar errors. You picked a couple points and went straight and talk about them, including their solutions. I also loved how you, in one of your points, dived in to discuss the solution to one of your weaknesses as a appetizer for what that would be. Doing this consistently will give your reflection to good vibes.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete